If you are thinking of selling your home, chances are you’re caught up in a mass of emotions. You may be looking forward to moving up to a new home or facing the uncertainty of a major move across country. You may be reluctant to leave your memories behind or eager to start new and exciting adventures. Remember, I am here to help you with any of your needs. Call or e-mail me today!
To discover what your home is worth in today’s market, click here!
Getting Your House Ready to Sell
- Introduction: Emotion vs. Reason
- De-Personalizing the House
- Removing Clutter, Though You May Not Think of it as Clutter
- Fixing Up the House Interior
- Fixing up Outside the House
Want to Start Off With a High Sales Price? Beware!
- Meeting with Real Estate Professionals
- Which Real Estate Professional Do You Choose?
- What Happens Behind the Scenes?
- Dropping Your Price… Too Late?
Types of Listing Contracts
Details of a Listing Contract
- Price and Terms of Sale
- Lockbox – Yes or No?
- Real Estate Commission
- Multiple Listing Service
- Agency Duties of a Listing Agent
- Resolution of Disputes
Listing Commissions and Related Issues
- Is the Commission Negotiable?
- Cut-Rate Listing Commissions
- How and When the Commission is Earned
- “Hot” Market Under-Pricing Strategy – Commission Issues
The Listing Agent & Marketing Your Home
- The “Real” Role of a Listing Agent
- Preliminary Marketing – the “For Sale” Sign
- Preliminary Marketing – Flyers and the Brochure Box
The Listing Agent – Marketing Your House to Other Agents
- The Multiple Listing Service
- Office Preview
- Broker Previews and Culinary Delights
- Office Flyers
- Marketing Sessions
The Listing Agent – Marketing Your House to Homebuyers
- The Purpose of Advertising in General
- Real Estate Company Advertising
- Individual Agent Advertising
- Neighborhood Announcements
- Open Houses